Nomea’s 12-week internship program is designed to provide a broad exposure to the climate tech space and the ongoing activities at Nomea. This program offers a unique opportunity to engage with leading climate tech companies, analyze their performance and potential, whilst consulting with industry experts. Throughout the program, interns will primarily focus on assisting the team in evaluating new investment opportunities, market research and marketing activities.
The intern will be responsible to support:
Investment due diligence – analyzing and communicating the impact proposition of climate tech companies as part of Nomea’s investment review process. The intern will support companies evaluations based on Nomea’s investment criteria, and will perform various analyses including competitive landscape, product, business plan, team, exit opportunities, valuations, and more. The intern will present insights and findings to top management, and will contribute to ongoing investment considerations.
Market analysis – researching and synthesizing industry, financial, and technological insights on sectors and technologies as part of Nomea’s investment process. The intern will contribute to Nomea’s deep dives on specific sectors, assessing the market size, growth rate, trends, competition and other key factors. The intern will also need to summarize and articulate major policy, scientific and regulatory developments in the climate tech space and report the findings.
Marketing – the intern will be an integral part of the communication team and will support the marketing efforts at Nomea. This includes content creation, outreach, and monitoring of social media analytics.
What we expect:
The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in finance, business, management, engineering, sustainability, or environmental science, with a demonstrated interest in climate tech and venture capital. Work experience of 1 to 2 years is also preferred.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate proficiency in or understanding of:
- Project management- ability to independently and efficiently complete tasks with strong time management capabilities
- Communication skills- strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Research and synthesis- examine and relay complex technologies to inform investment discussions
- Policy analysis- ability to analyze the impacts of policy and regulatory developments on specific markets or technologies
In addition, the intern should meet the following expectations:
- Language requirement- proficient in spoken and written English
- Impact driven- passionate about climate tech
- Problem solver- solve problems efficiently and creatively
- Curious- excited to learn about breakthrough climate technologies
- Media management- understanding of media outlets; specifically LinkedIn
- Proactive self starter- self sufficient, take initiative and work on multiple projects at once
- Team player- embrace a collaborative work approach
Start date: Q4 2022
Duration: 12 weeks
Location: London or remote within UK, Europe or Israel
Even if you do not meet our requirements fully, we encourage you to apply and we will assess your compatibility to our program! While the above criteria has been carefully selected, we understand that added value has various forms. We want to hear from you why you think you would be a good fit for Nomea!
How to apply:
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please also send us your resume and a one page cover letter to Info@nomeainvestments.com (title: Lastname_Internship). The one pager should include information about yourself, why you think you would be a good fit for this position, and your motivations in joining Nomea. To help us better assess your compatibility, please include a brief pitch of a climate tech company that you think would be an attractive investment opportunity for Nomea.