We are looking for a principal to join our London-based investment team and take on significant responsibilities quickly. The investment team is involved in all aspects of the firm’s deals. Reporting to the general partners, the principal will play a vital role in leading the investment process from sourcing to completion.
- Source, manage and execute investments across all stages (screening, modeling, negotiating, and executing)
- Identify and Monitor disruptive climate tech companies for investment purposes
- Manage firm’s existing transactions, including liaising and coordinating with external advisors, stakeholders, and financial institutions
- Organize and prepare relevant approval documents, present potential investment opportunities to senior management for internal approval
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network in the climate tech space
- Supervise ongoing financial portfolio performance, assist in preparing periodic reporting
- Establish and improve deal management information systems and internal processes
Qualifications & Experience:
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and has:
- Significant prior investment experience across venture capital, private equity, impact investing or investment banking (minimum of seven years)
- Strong track record of originating and leading investment processes – with clear ROI
- Outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills and can excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding academic track record. A graduate degree is not required, but MBA or graduate study in the sciences is helpful
- Comprehensive understanding of the climate tech space and venture capital industry
- Good knowledge of the venture capital space in Europe, as well as core verticals across software, technology, and marketplaces
- A passion for high growth climate technologies
- Self-motivated team player, proactive and detail-oriented
- Ability to build and present a business case persuasively and articulately
Even if you do not meet our requirements fully, we encourage you to apply and we will assess your compatibility to our program! While the above criteria has been carefully selected, we understand that added value has various forms. We want to hear from you why you think you would be a good fit for Nomea!
How to apply:
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please also send us your resume and a one page cover letter to Info@nomeainvestments.com (title: Lastname_Principal). The one pager should include information about yourself, why you think you would be a good fit for this position, and your motivations in joining Nomea. To help us better assess your compatibility, please include a brief pitch of a climate tech company that you think would be an attractive investment opportunity for Nomea.